Monday, February 3, 2014

Got Milk?

I was not reimbursed for this post. The opinions here are my own and are not affiliated with the product supplier/manufacturer.

This Mommy Moment has been brought to you by Mint Kitkat. Graciously supplied to me by my awesome husband that loves to share his treats with me! MMMM!

Ok back to work!

Got MILK?? I mean lots of milk?!? So much that it is constantly pouring out of you?

I am sorry, I really don't want to belittle the struggles that hundreds of women have to produce enough breast milk for their babies. My heart goes out to those Moms that try hard and are not able to continue.  I am an avid Breast feeder but I am not one to point fingers. I support all methods of feeding babies. 


Phew, now that I have my disclaimer out of the way, maybe I won't be bombarded by comments about how obnoxious this post is... Or maybe I will and then I will know that someone out there is reading my blog!

So back to the lots of milk....

I have never had a supply problem except that I have too much. Cadadoodle is now 7 and a half months and I still go through 4 Avent Nursing pads a day. Forget anything less, reusable ones just mean I have more laundry, the pads AND my shirts!  I can NOT lay on the girls at night or they WILL create a sticky pools of creamy, baby dreams!  I feel like an old lady, needing to sleep on a water-proof pee pad.

Now don't get me wrong, I am very glad I have no problems supplying nourishment for my daughter (not to mention the entire brood of kids I have) but it is kinda a pain (in more way than one! Ouch! Full Boobies!).

I have found the solution to the never ending supply of nursing pads I have to buy!

Lilypadz.

These pads are unlike any other nursing pad I have tried! And believe me, I have tried them all!

Lilypadz are silicone pads that maintain pressure on the nipple when in place and prevent the leakage by forming a non-absorbent barrier. They are VERY easy to put on and they kinda suction into place so you don't need a bra to wear them! HALLELUJAH!!! I have finally been able to go all night braless and it is absolute HEAVEN!

Another thing I love is that you can't see them! Yay! No more Bologna boobs! You know what I am talking about, when your pads bunch up inside your bra and you can see the bulk through your shirt? UGH! I HATE that!

I have bought one pair and have no need to purchase a second! They were a bit pricey ($44.95 for the starter kit which includes 2 pads, wipes and cleanser) but the amount I will save in disposable pads is hundreds more!  I just wash them while in the shower and let them dry while I wash my hair. (yeah, my baby lets me shower, sorry). In between showers, I use the wipes and they are ready to go.

The only issue I have found is when I get extra full (amazing that is possible) the milk will pool around the nipple and then if it gets too much it will leak out the side of the pad. This has happened only at night though and only when Cadadoodle decides to give Mommy the night off.


So hats off to the inventor of these amazing Lilypadz! Ribbit! You are a GENIUS!

Ok, back to my KitKat break! Go hug your babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: