Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's resolutions... crump style


I hate making new year's resolutions.



 In fact, for the last few years, I haven't made any.



Don't get me wrong, I have goals, lots of them. I just found that I had the same stupid resolutions every stinking year and I ALWAYS failed, EPIC fail! So I decided one year that new year's resolutions were just to much pressure and I never succeeded anyways, so why bother. Instead, I set reasonable goals throughout the year and forgot about the "loose 150 lbs in 6 months" goals.



Something happened when I did that. I stopped beating myself up because I couldn't stick to a diet and what kind of moron thinks it is OK to cheat on a diet and have to binge the rest of the day cause after midnight, I couldn't eat again for 24 hours... Say what the ...?



 Nope. I was no longer
that moron. I got smart. Hey, I do have self control. And by the way, I feel great at the size I am AND I am one freakin' hot momma!



My self esteem came back, or just came finally. I found I was actually really good at achieving things, reasonable achievable things. I still haven't lost the 150lbs, I still don't read the scriptures every night and I haven't gone swimming every other day for a year. However, I do feel great about the way I look, I have made considerable progress through the Book of Genisis and I swim for fun again, whenever the heck I want.



Honestly, I didn't even want to jump on the bandwagon and blog about new year's resolutions. I am not usually a bandwagon rider. I am more of a dance to my own drum kinda girl. But lets face it, that is what is trending this week so here I am, writing about it. Sigh.



I feel dirty now. I'm gonna go crump to some jazz....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: