Sunday, January 5, 2014

Being a Mentor- Spirtual Thought Sunday

"Children learn through gentle direction and persuasive teaching. They search for models to imitate, knowledge to acquire, things to do, and teachers to please."
-Thomas S. Monson
 As I was rocking Cadadoodle back to sleep the other night, I was pondering what kind of person she will grow up to be. I can already see her precious personality emerging. She is a very happy baby. She has a smile for everyone. She is sociable and interactive.

I hope to teach her to be kind and empathetic to others. To serve and love her peers and respect her elders and lead those younger than her. I hope she never looses her zest for life. I intend to foster her curiosity and encourage her to learn as much as possible. 

I suppose I will have to improve myself if I am to mentor such an incredible little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: